VTU Official Circular : Guidelines for conducting the examination evaluation of answer script and Question paper pattern for the subject 10BT65 Chemical Equipment Design and CAED
1. The subject to be taught in class room for design and execution of the design to be carried out in the CAED Lab as drawing.
2. Pattern of the question paper:
i) Two full questions will be set for 100 marks and student should answer any one full question
ii) Each question will have two sub questions
(a) will be for 10 marks for free hand sketch and sub question
(b) will be for 90 marks of which 50 marks is for designing for by calculations and 40 marks for CAED on the computer system using software.
3. Part (a) to be drawn as a free hand sketch in the sketch book provided and the part (b) to be done in the answer booklet by calculations.
4. The subject to be conducted as theory (not as laboratory exam for 4 hours)
5. Since drawing is also done, the examination may be conducted in computer equipment rooms/lab.
6. To avoid the exchange of print outs, provisions may be made to print the IP number of the computer on the print outs of the drawing.
7. The valuations should be centralised like any other theory paper.