Common mistakes students make in VTU exam and their consequences

Many students make mistakes in filling the details on the front page, one time or the other, in the VTU semester exams. This article in intended to give an insight on their consequences. The mistakes can be classified into two types based on their importance:

The first category is the OMR marking.  Since it is both economical and fast for VTU to identify vital answer script details through OMR, they have implemented it in the recent years. There are four OMR fields:

1) Date

2) Session

3) USN

4) Questions Answered

Making mistakes in any of these OMR markings can have bad consequences especially USN. Since these markings are automatically processed by an OMR reader, any mistakes might result in scrambling of identities of papers or  incorrect valuation and the students might end up wasting lot of their time makings rounds to VTU. In case of the “Questions Answered” mistakes, there could be some problems in digital valuation especially when marks need to be awarded for wrong questions.

The second category is the handwritten details like subject code, subject name, USN, date, signature, usn and signatures on every page etc. These details almost do not matter because the front page and the top part of answer script pages are cut off before scanning for digital valuation. But in very rare cases they might result in problems which can be solved by approaching the university through your college.

** TIP : Always try to write your usn and sign on the sheets you have written since this is students-pro initiative by VTU. This is actually a measure by VTU taken to fight illegal scrambling of sheets by brokers through bribes.

Hope this helps. If you have any doubts please feel free to comment. If you like this article please share it with your friends through any of the buttons on the left.

18 Comments

1. Harshith says

I have not written usn and signature in every sheets wat will happen??

2. anonymous says

As we all know dat we wont get expectd marks in vtu..,but even i was a fcd student but today i got two backlogs in 4th sem ece,,becoz of d reason dat i hav not bubbled front page of hdl subject they gave 29 ,,lic the paper was very tough at the same tym they had corectd so strictly,,,wat we shd do if we doesnt gt those in text buk,,,….pls atleadt do justice in rv..i hav applied for rv and photocopy..beg u vtu

3. aprameya says

sir i have forgot to mark the question answered part pls tell me wat will b the consequences

• Arpitha says

Sir , I forgot to mention the graph sheets on omr , what will be the consequences? Please tell me sir…please…

4. santosh malagoudar says

sir i have written all 5 question correctly in manufacturing process 3 still i have got less marks it is happening in theory subject only plz give me suggestion

5. Ankit says

I wrote wrong date in my answer booklet. Instead of writing 09/12/14, I wrote 09/11/14 both in handwritten as well as the OMR. Will i face any problem?

6. mahesh says

Sir i frgt to fil answrd qustn marks

7. ALthaf says

sir i made mistake dat i anserd lyk frst i written qsn num den i written b,c,d..i ddin wrte dat 1a,1b,1c ….sir iz it big mistake

8. Riti says

thank you for the info… this article made me heave a sigh of relief specially since i forgot to write the subject name by mistake today, other than that everything else was correct…

9. kruthika j says

I answer to all the 5 questions.. I even write the correct answers… But i get less marks.. I need to know the way of answering in vtu exam.. Please tell me the way of answering.. Please give me some suggestions n tips..

10. Sajjan gs says

My first stem physics exam was on 9/12/13…..I forgot to mark the questions answered part in omr page ….what might happen?

11. sriraksha says

will they correct if date is not marked properly? other details are correct

12. sriraksha says

i have not encircled the year in date properly on omr… other details are correct.. will it affect the evaluation..?

13. aniruddha k says

sir….i ve made mistake in filling the date in OMR….also i have not written USN and have not signed on each page….what will be the consequences ???

• Kiran says

Did anything happen?…even i wanna know:-(

• harshith says

Have u got solution from that ?? Even I have same problem so

14. manjunath b hombal says

pleas..strictly valuate the papers..while re evaluation

15. manjunath b hombal says

why you have ..remove the dead line for entry to 7th sem

Latest Results

• M.Tech I - V Semester ( Part Time ) Results Announced for All Region for Examination June / July 2016 .
  • M.Tech VI Semester ( Part Time ) Results Announced for All Region for Examination June / July 2016 .

Receive updates right in your inbox. Subscribe now!